St Albans mum sheds super seven stone
- Credit: Archant
Pushing her children in the buggy is now a breeze for a super slimming mum who has shed a whopping seven stone.
This time last year Jan Hopcroft, of Bernards Heath, St Albans, joined a local slimming group after spending a number of years struggling with her weight since having children and spending time in hospital after her daughter was born.
At her heaviest, the 39-year-old felt tired and sluggish and found pushing her babies in the buggy a major chore.
But after completely changing her eating habits and dropping seven dress sizes the mum-of-three says she feels like a new woman.
Jan, who is now a size 10, said: “I was really nervous about walking into the group that first time, I figured there would be lots of new people joining the group as it was January and hoped I’d be able to blend into the background and not have to speak to anyone.
“Now I find it funny that I was so scared because I got such a warm welcome and I soon realised there was nothing to be worried about because we were all in the same boat – we all just wanted to lose weight.
“I honestly haven’t looked back since that day. I look forward to going to group every week now, it’s my ‘me’ time and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
Jan was sceptical at first that she would shed the pounds as the healthy eating plan she was given meant she could still enjoy lots of everyday foods without having to weigh or measure them, and could even have the occasional treat.
But it was not long before she started noticing the difference and she is now determined to maintain her new slimline figure for the rest of her life.
She added: “I might have lost seven stone but I’ve gained so much more. I feel happier, healthier and have loads more confidence. I can’t believe the difference in me in just 12 months – and neither can my family and friends.”
Liz Kay, who runs the St Saviours Slimming World group in Sandpit Lane said: “Jan is proof that if you make small, manageable changes to the way you cook and eat and get the right support it is possible to make your New Year’s resolutions a reality.”