St Albans mum goes for the chop for charity
MUM-of-two Caroline Sammon had been thinking about having her long hair cut for some time but did not know how much to have off.
Then she heard about the Little Princesses Trust, a charity that makes wigs from real hair for children aged between two and 18 who have suffered hair loss because of cancer treatment and other illnesses, and that made her mind up.
The charity takes donations of hair which are at least 10 inches long so Caroline, who lives in Fleetville and works for Cerco Communications in Soothouse Spring, St Albans, asked her local salon to do it.
She has also been raising money to allow a child to benefit from her hair donation and has almost hit her �300 target.
Caroline, who has a six-year-old son and two-year-old daughter, said: “My hair was halfway down my back and I had um-ed and ah-ed about having it cut. I wasn’t quite sure what to do until I heard about the charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I just walked into Kate’s Hair Design, my usual hairdressers, and said I have had an idea and Kate was completely behind it and gave me the haircut free and has a collection box in the salon.
“I just hope doing this will raise awareness of the charity.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Kate Giddes, who runs the salon in Hatfield Road, St Albans, said: “It is such a fantastic cause and here at Kate’s Hair Design we’re thrilled to be able to support Caroline.”
For more information on donating to the Little Princesses Trust visit Caroline’s just giving page at www.justgiving.com/my-hair-today-gone-tomorrow