St Albans MS sufferer back at the steering wheel
- Credit: Archant
A multiple sclerosis patient has returned to driving after an eight year break thanks to support from the Herts MS Therapy Centre’s mobile clinic.
St Albans resident Frances Rotchell was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago, and because the condition often affects balance and coordination Mrs Rotchell thought her driving days were over, especially when combined with a shoulder dislocation.
“I lost my confidence and needed support to regain my driving skills,” she explained.
Two years ago, she discovered the mobile clinic of the Herts MS Therapy Centre at Charters Health Club in Russet Drive, St Albans. Her regular weekly visits and commitment to the exercises provided by the specialist physio at the clinic have renewed her confidence.
“The personalised exercises have been very beneficial,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Her physio, Ben, helped Mrs Rotchell with her walking and balance to the extent that she’s now driving a car again.
“The sense of freedom in attending local events and locations has restored my confidence in leading a more independent lifestyle.”
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
The mobile physio clinic is in St Albans every Monday and demand within St Albans has been huge.
Mark Boscher, chief executive of registered charity Herts MS Therapy Centre, said: “While we specialise in helping those with a neurological condition, such as MS or Parkinson’s, or after a stroke, our physio treatments are available to all. Call us on 01462 684214 for an appointment.”
If you know of a hall or community centre in or around St Albans which may be able to accommodate the mobile clinic, please contact Mark or Claire on 01462 684214.
For more information about the support offered by Herts MS Therapy Centre, visit www.hertsmstherapy.org.uk