St Albans MP quizzes rail chiefs over rail freight depot plans
NETWORK Rail representatives were floored when St Albans MP Anne Main pressed them on the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight depot scheme in the House of Commons. At a meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Thameslink Group on Tuesday, she q
NETWORK Rail representatives were floored when St Albans MP Anne Main pressed them on the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight depot scheme in the House of Commons.
At a meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Thameslink Group on Tuesday, she quizzed a team from Network Rail on their lack of consideration of the potential impact of the proposed rail freight depot on passenger services.
During a lengthy presentation on the future of Thameslink, Network Rail spokesmen Graham Goodwin and Rob Smith failed to make any reference to the potential impact of complex rail pathings and rail possessions which are expected to result from the Park Street proposal if it is approved.
After the meeting Mrs Main said: "I had real concerns that this presentation on the future of Thameslink seemed to fall down when it came to questioning. There was a degree of embarrassment when I sought assurances about the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight proposal on the Thameslink programme."
You may also want to watch:
She pointed out that all the Network Rail representatives could say was that they needed to talk to their route director and she felt they should have already done so if they were to talk with authority on the delivery of Thameslink.
Mrs Main added: "Frankly I was surprised at the lack of communication which is taking place within Network Rail. This smacks of a silo mentality and this is exactly why Network Rail should have been cross-examined at the rail freight inquiry.
- 1 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 2 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate