St Albans MP quizzes rail chiefs over rail freight depot plans
NETWORK Rail representatives were floored when St Albans MP Anne Main pressed them on the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight depot scheme in the House of Commons. At a meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Thameslink Group on Tuesday, she q
NETWORK Rail representatives were floored when St Albans MP Anne Main pressed them on the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight depot scheme in the House of Commons.
At a meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Thameslink Group on Tuesday, she quizzed a team from Network Rail on their lack of consideration of the potential impact of the proposed rail freight depot on passenger services.
During a lengthy presentation on the future of Thameslink, Network Rail spokesmen Graham Goodwin and Rob Smith failed to make any reference to the potential impact of complex rail pathings and rail possessions which are expected to result from the Park Street proposal if it is approved.
After the meeting Mrs Main said: "I had real concerns that this presentation on the future of Thameslink seemed to fall down when it came to questioning. There was a degree of embarrassment when I sought assurances about the potential impact of the Park Street rail freight proposal on the Thameslink programme."
You may also want to watch:
She pointed out that all the Network Rail representatives could say was that they needed to talk to their route director and she felt they should have already done so if they were to talk with authority on the delivery of Thameslink.
Mrs Main added: "Frankly I was surprised at the lack of communication which is taking place within Network Rail. This smacks of a silo mentality and this is exactly why Network Rail should have been cross-examined at the rail freight inquiry.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans