St Albans MP Anne Main schedules meeting with rail minister about Abbey Flyer passing loop
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main discussed improvements to the Abbey Flyer train line at a meeting with a rail minister.
She spoke to Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport, MP Andrew Jones, about the possibility of a passing loop at Bricket Wood Station on the St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction shuttle line.
The new development comes after a campaign group called AbFly crowdfunded and commissioned a Passing Loop Feasibility Study from The Railway Consultancy.
She said: "I hope we are now making real progress with this.
"The rail minister was very supportive and his offer to help bring people together was encouraging.
You may also want to watch:
"Local people have been pushing for this passing loop for years and the work that has gone into putting this study together is very impressive.
"As we look to the future, more homes are going to be built and that means more people. Improving connectivity between St Albans and Watford is going to be even more important and will be a major positive for the local economy."
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years