St Albans MP Anne Main schedules meeting with rail minister about Abbey Flyer passing loop
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main discussed improvements to the Abbey Flyer train line at a meeting with a rail minister.
She spoke to Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport, MP Andrew Jones, about the possibility of a passing loop at Bricket Wood Station on the St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction shuttle line.
The new development comes after a campaign group called AbFly crowdfunded and commissioned a Passing Loop Feasibility Study from The Railway Consultancy.
She said: "I hope we are now making real progress with this.
"The rail minister was very supportive and his offer to help bring people together was encouraging.
You may also want to watch:
"Local people have been pushing for this passing loop for years and the work that has gone into putting this study together is very impressive.
"As we look to the future, more homes are going to be built and that means more people. Improving connectivity between St Albans and Watford is going to be even more important and will be a major positive for the local economy."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests