St Albans MP Anne Main schedules meeting with rail minister about Abbey Flyer passing loop
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main discussed improvements to the Abbey Flyer train line at a meeting with a rail minister.
She spoke to Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport, MP Andrew Jones, about the possibility of a passing loop at Bricket Wood Station on the St Albans Abbey to Watford Junction shuttle line.
The new development comes after a campaign group called AbFly crowdfunded and commissioned a Passing Loop Feasibility Study from The Railway Consultancy.
She said: "I hope we are now making real progress with this.
"The rail minister was very supportive and his offer to help bring people together was encouraging.
You may also want to watch:
"Local people have been pushing for this passing loop for years and the work that has gone into putting this study together is very impressive.
"As we look to the future, more homes are going to be built and that means more people. Improving connectivity between St Albans and Watford is going to be even more important and will be a major positive for the local economy."
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder