St Albans MP meets local climate change activists
- Credit: Archant
Climate change activists met with MP Anne Main in Parliament as part of UK-wide climate action day.
For 'The Time is Now' campaign, organised by The Climate Coalition, over 300 MPs met with constituents to discuss environmental issues.
St Albans lobbyists looked to stress the need for strong and urgent action to tackle the climate crisis.
The Government has been at the forefront of combating climate change, as they became the first major economy in the world to pass laws to end their contribution to global warming by 2050.
Environmental campaigner Anne Main, said: "It was great to speak with St Albans residents who came down on the day and to hear about their passion and desire to make big changes.
You may also want to watch:
"They all wanted to see even more action and wanted to see the UK leading on the world stage on this issue."
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common