St Albans MP meets local climate change activists
- Credit: Archant
Climate change activists met with MP Anne Main in Parliament as part of UK-wide climate action day.
For 'The Time is Now' campaign, organised by The Climate Coalition, over 300 MPs met with constituents to discuss environmental issues.
St Albans lobbyists looked to stress the need for strong and urgent action to tackle the climate crisis.
The Government has been at the forefront of combating climate change, as they became the first major economy in the world to pass laws to end their contribution to global warming by 2050.
Environmental campaigner Anne Main, said: "It was great to speak with St Albans residents who came down on the day and to hear about their passion and desire to make big changes.
You may also want to watch:
"They all wanted to see even more action and wanted to see the UK leading on the world stage on this issue."
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead