St Albans MP is no chicken over factory farming
ST ALBANS Anne Main has joined forces with a giant chicken in a battle against factory farming. St Albans Friends of the Earth and their feathered friend met Mrs Main to discuss the environmental impact of factory farming, which is responsible for nearly
ST ALBANS Anne Main has joined forces with a giant chicken in a battle against factory farming.
St Albans Friends of the Earth and their feathered friend met Mrs Main to discuss the environmental impact of factory farming, which is responsible for nearly 20 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions.
The Food Chain Campaign, organised by Friends of the Earth, is calling on the Government to revolutionise the way we produce meat and dairy by asking them to stop using taxpayers money to fund big business-led factory farms.
Mrs Main, who has been bombarded with Friends of the Earth postcards from her constituents demanding that the Government take action on the lack of food sustainability in the UK, said that she fully supports the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm hitting out against factory farming to show my support for Friends of the Earth's call for planet-friendly farming - it's great that so many of my constituents have got in touch with me over this important issue."
"I will respond personally to everyone who has contacted me over food and farming and will always be ready to talk to any of my constituents who are concerned about the environment."
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
St Albans Friends of the Earth member Amanda Yorwerth said: "It's great that local people have an appetite for planet-friendly food and farming and to have Mrs Main on our side is an added bonus. Our work with the public shows that people are continually surprised at how big an effect the meat and dairy industry has on the planet.