St Albans MP backed by local Tories
BELEAGUERED MP Anne Main has been given a 100 per cent vote of confidence by her grassroots workers. At a special meeting of the St Albans Conservative Association (SACA) last night (28/5) she was invited to correct press speculation on her second home
BELEAGUERED MP Anne Main has been given a "100 per cent vote of confidence" by her grassroots workers.
At a special meeting of the St Albans Conservative Association (SACA) last night (28/5) she was invited to correct press speculation on her second home in the district.
A SACA spokesperson said: "Addressing a crowded room, Mrs Main answered openly and comprehensively all questions put to her by members. Many members reported messages of support for Anne which had been conveyed to them on the doorstep during their campaigning for the local elections."
Mrs Main said: "The officers and the audience were 100 per cent supportive of me and satisfied that I need a home here in St Albans to fulfil my duties to my constituents."
You may also want to watch:
She added that she was happy to answer all their questions and had always been transparent about her living arrangements which were no secret.
The SACA spokesperson said: "At the close of the meeting the Chairman expressed once again our unequivocal support for Mrs Main and thanked her for her unstinting hard work for the people of Saint Albans. Mrs Main left the room to warm applause."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
Mrs Main was singled out by the Daily Telegraph, which has conducted a campaign against MPs' expenses abuses, as allowing her daughter to live rent free in her St Albans flat.But Mrs Main claims her daughter did not live there full-time.