St Albans MP backed by local Tories
BELEAGUERED MP Anne Main has been given a 100 per cent vote of confidence by her grassroots workers. At a special meeting of the St Albans Conservative Association (SACA) last night (28/5) she was invited to correct press speculation on her second home
BELEAGUERED MP Anne Main has been given a "100 per cent vote of confidence" by her grassroots workers.
At a special meeting of the St Albans Conservative Association (SACA) last night (28/5) she was invited to correct press speculation on her second home in the district.
A SACA spokesperson said: "Addressing a crowded room, Mrs Main answered openly and comprehensively all questions put to her by members. Many members reported messages of support for Anne which had been conveyed to them on the doorstep during their campaigning for the local elections."
Mrs Main said: "The officers and the audience were 100 per cent supportive of me and satisfied that I need a home here in St Albans to fulfil my duties to my constituents."
You may also want to watch:
She added that she was happy to answer all their questions and had always been transparent about her living arrangements which were no secret.
The SACA spokesperson said: "At the close of the meeting the Chairman expressed once again our unequivocal support for Mrs Main and thanked her for her unstinting hard work for the people of Saint Albans. Mrs Main left the room to warm applause."
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Mrs Main was singled out by the Daily Telegraph, which has conducted a campaign against MPs' expenses abuses, as allowing her daughter to live rent free in her St Albans flat.But Mrs Main claims her daughter did not live there full-time.