St Albans care home welcomes MP for open day
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main visited St Albans Bupa care homes to celebrate their open days with residents.
Allington Court, a care home specialising in dementia, and Tenterden House, a care home with a particular focus on Parkinson's disease, opened their doors to the community on Friday.
Guests attended an outdoor garden party with live entertainment and refreshments to celebrate Allington Court's 25th anniversary.
Mrs Main said: "It was lovely to visit everyone at Allington Court and Tenterden House and experience such a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
"It's important that we support older people in our communities and the dedication from staff at the homes is inspiring. I enjoyed discussing how we can help make older people feel safer and help combat loneliness and isolation."
You may also want to watch:
This event was a part of the nationwide Care Home Open Day, where UK care homes welcome the wider public.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests