St Albans MP answers fresh allegations over expenses
THE LATEST revelations on MPs expenses show that in the first quarter of 2009, Anne Main has claimed for a washing machine and floor repairs to her St Albans flat. Her published claims show that mortgage payments on her flat – listed as her second home –
THE LATEST revelations on MPs' expenses show that in the first quarter of 2009, Anne Main has claimed for a washing machine and floor repairs to her St Albans flat.
Her published claims show that mortgage payments on her flat - listed as her second home - dropped from �1,139 per month in the previous year to �1,086 in May 2008.
In April and the first part of May 2008 she claimed �390 for a washing machine, �546 for floor repairs and �300 for food.
Mrs Main said all the claims were legitimate expenses approved by the Fees Office.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The washing machine which was installed when the flat was first built 12 years ago broke down and I had to replace it with a new one.
"Similarly, the floor on my flat developed a huge crack which had to be repaired. The claims were submitted to the Fees Office and duly cleared."
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 7 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
Mrs Main became embroiled in controversy earlier this year over the fact that she had allegedly allowed her daughter to live in her St Albans flat rent free and claimed council tax discount to which she was not entitled.
But Mrs Main, whose main home is in Beaconsfield in Buckinghamshire, won a vote of confidence from her party after a bid to unseat her.