St Albans MP Anne Main calls for action on plastic pollution
- Credit: Archant
St Albans MP Anne Main has called for action on plastic pollution.
Mrs Main met with representatives from St Albans Friends of the Earth and Plastic Free St Albans to hear their concerns about environmental damage caused by plastic.
The MP, who is chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on the Prevention of Plastic Waste, urged the government to back a Plastic Pollution Action Plan.
The plan aims for near-zero plastic pollution by 2042. It also calls for work to begin immediately on reducing pollution from hard-to-replace plastics like tyres, clothing and paint.
Mrs Main said: “Everyone can help tackle the plastics crisis by making changes in their own lives, and I’m delighted to see what is being done locally.
You may also want to watch:
“The government must also take action to stop the flow of plastic to our oceans.”
Anne Main joins over 20 MPs backing a Plastics Pollution Action Plan aimed at devising a lasting solution to the issue.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park