St Albans motorists warned of M25 delays between Bricket Wood and South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
St Albans motorists travelling clockwise along the M25 have been warned to expect delays after a lorry transporting a portable cabin left debris on the motorway this afternoon (Friday).
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that at about 1pm there were reports of a lorry losing debris, including large pieces of timber, near South Mimms.
A rolling road-block was arranged to enable the debris to be cleared, and the portable cabin was transferred to another vehicle.
Two lanes initially closed as a result have now been reopened, but motorists have been warned to expect traffic congestion this afternoon.
There are currently delays of at least 20 minutes between J21A and J23.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency said it was hoped that normal traffic conditions would resume from about 3.30pm.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 A New York state of mind