St Albans motorists warned of M25 delays between Bricket Wood and South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
St Albans motorists travelling clockwise along the M25 have been warned to expect delays after a lorry transporting a portable cabin left debris on the motorway this afternoon (Friday).
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that at about 1pm there were reports of a lorry losing debris, including large pieces of timber, near South Mimms.
A rolling road-block was arranged to enable the debris to be cleared, and the portable cabin was transferred to another vehicle.
Two lanes initially closed as a result have now been reopened, but motorists have been warned to expect traffic congestion this afternoon.
There are currently delays of at least 20 minutes between J21A and J23.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency said it was hoped that normal traffic conditions would resume from about 3.30pm.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident