St Albans motorists warned of M25 delays between Bricket Wood and South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
St Albans motorists travelling clockwise along the M25 have been warned to expect delays after a lorry transporting a portable cabin left debris on the motorway this afternoon (Friday).
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that at about 1pm there were reports of a lorry losing debris, including large pieces of timber, near South Mimms.
A rolling road-block was arranged to enable the debris to be cleared, and the portable cabin was transferred to another vehicle.
Two lanes initially closed as a result have now been reopened, but motorists have been warned to expect traffic congestion this afternoon.
There are currently delays of at least 20 minutes between J21A and J23.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency said it was hoped that normal traffic conditions would resume from about 3.30pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield