St Albans motorcyclist dies following collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a collision in St Albans yesterday evening.
At around 5.30pm a white Honda motorbike was involved in a collision with a grey BMW car at the junction of Acrewood Way and Hatfield Road.
The motorcyclist, a man aged in his 30s from St Albans, was pronounced dead at the scene.
PC Jackie Lister, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Forensic Collision Investigations Unit, said: “We are working to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this collision.
“I am appealing for anyone who saw the collision or saw either vehicle shortly prior to the incident to get in touch as you may have vital information that could help our on-going investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Lister via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 553 of August 30 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder