St Albans mothers and babies storm St Albans city centre with flashmob
- Credit: Archant
A group of mothers and babies decided to ‘shake it off’ in the city centre last week as part of a surprise flashmob.
Mothers and babies from ‘Sling Swing’ St Albans came together to wow market goers on Wednesday (7) with their dance routine just outside the Alban Arena.
This is the second time the dancing duos have entertained shoppers with their moves, after taking to the city centre last year for their first flashmob.
Jackie Hislop, who runs the St Albans branch of the baby wearing class, said: “We’re here to celebrate international baby wearing week and to show people of St Albans that you can have fun with your baby.
“There are so many benefits to baby wearing. Bonding, a closeness with the mum or the dad, convenience, it is hands free, it can help with breast feeding as well, or post natal depression, and also having fun.
“We’ve done it before and we thought this was a good time to celebrate.”
You may also want to watch:
The mothers and babies started off the dance with a Strictly Come Dancing tune before jumping into ‘Shake it Off’ by Taylor Swift.
For more information on baby wearing click here.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans