St Albans mothers and babies storm St Albans city centre with flashmob
- Credit: Archant
A group of mothers and babies decided to ‘shake it off’ in the city centre last week as part of a surprise flashmob.
Mothers and babies from ‘Sling Swing’ St Albans came together to wow market goers on Wednesday (7) with their dance routine just outside the Alban Arena.
This is the second time the dancing duos have entertained shoppers with their moves, after taking to the city centre last year for their first flashmob.
Jackie Hislop, who runs the St Albans branch of the baby wearing class, said: “We’re here to celebrate international baby wearing week and to show people of St Albans that you can have fun with your baby.
“There are so many benefits to baby wearing. Bonding, a closeness with the mum or the dad, convenience, it is hands free, it can help with breast feeding as well, or post natal depression, and also having fun.
“We’ve done it before and we thought this was a good time to celebrate.”
You may also want to watch:
The mothers and babies started off the dance with a Strictly Come Dancing tune before jumping into ‘Shake it Off’ by Taylor Swift.
For more information on baby wearing click here.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping