Most popular baby names of 2018 in St Albans revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Charlotte top the list of St Albans’ most popular baby names of last year.
According to the Office for National Statistics, 26 babies were named Oliver in St Albans last year, which was also the most popular boys' name in England and Wales.
The name Sebastian came in second place, with 18 born last year, followed by William with 16.
There were 17 baby Charlottes born in the district, with Olivia - the most popular girls' name in England and Wales - in joint third place alongside Emily and Sophie.
The top 10 boys' names in St Albans were Oliver, Sebastian, William, Alexander, Thomas, Harry, Henry, Leo, Benjamin and Edward.
You may also want to watch:
The top 10 girls' names were Charlotte, Grace, Emily, Olivia, Sophie, Emilia, Florence, Lily, Eva and Evelyn.
In 2017 the most popular names in St Albans were Thomas and Olivia.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match