Construction training course to help school leavers in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Morgan Sindall Property Services is offering a ‘work to learn scheme’ in partnership with St Albans City and District Council.
St Albans Prospex, a work to learn scheme aimed at school leavers who wish to pursue a career in construction, will start on October 14 and run for six weeks.
Participants will begin with a three-week classroom-based training course, followed by a three-week work placement where they will be partnered with an experienced operative, who will mentor them throughout their apprenticeship.
On successful completion of the programme, each trainee will receive an interview with work placement employers which could lead to a full-time job.
Cllr Jacqui Taylor, portfolio holder for housing, inclusion and protection, said "I'm delighted to see Morgan Sindall delivering on this work to learn programme. This was part of their winning bid to the council earlier this year."
You may also want to watch:
To sign up email CSRbox@morgansindall.com
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty