Construction training course to help school leavers in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Morgan Sindall Property Services is offering a ‘work to learn scheme’ in partnership with St Albans City and District Council.
St Albans Prospex, a work to learn scheme aimed at school leavers who wish to pursue a career in construction, will start on October 14 and run for six weeks.
Participants will begin with a three-week classroom-based training course, followed by a three-week work placement where they will be partnered with an experienced operative, who will mentor them throughout their apprenticeship.
On successful completion of the programme, each trainee will receive an interview with work placement employers which could lead to a full-time job.
Cllr Jacqui Taylor, portfolio holder for housing, inclusion and protection, said "I'm delighted to see Morgan Sindall delivering on this work to learn programme. This was part of their winning bid to the council earlier this year."
You may also want to watch:
To sign up email CSRbox@morgansindall.com
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?