St Albans model, eight, is the new face of the Gap clothing range
A FASHIONABLE eight-year-old from St Albans has taken the States by storm with his latest winter line. Jason Parker, a pupil at Skyswood Primary School, took up modelling just over a year ago and was chosen from over 700 models this summer to be the new
A FASHIONABLE eight-year-old from St Albans has taken the States by storm with his latest winter line.
Jason Parker, a pupil at Skyswood Primary School, took up modelling just over a year ago and was chosen from over 700 models this summer to be the new face of Stella McCartney's clothing range for Gap.
Jason, who modelled for Marks & Spencer's Back to School campaign last year, was picked by Stella McCartney herself at the final casting in September and had his photos - which show him dancing and playing with rabbits and chicks - taken the same day.
Julie Parker, Jason's mother, said that modelling runs in the family: "It all started with Jason's older brother Toby, who did a bit of work for Woolworths before he got fed up of it. Toby's agency snapped Jason up when he grew his hair long - we think it's his pale ginger mane that makes him popular!"
You may also want to watch:
Photos of Jason dressed in Stella McCartney's winter range are now on show at Gap stores all over the world, and Julie said that her husband, who is currently in America, was very shocked to see a 40ft picture of his son on the side of the giant Gap on Broadway.
She added: "It is strange to see Jason all over the place but he doesn't seem phased by it at all. Who knows if he'll carry on with modelling as he gets older or leave it be like Toby did, but it is nice to think that Jason will have a big fund to chip into once he turns 18.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery