St Albans model, eight, is the new face of the Gap clothing range
A FASHIONABLE eight-year-old from St Albans has taken the States by storm with his latest winter line. Jason Parker, a pupil at Skyswood Primary School, took up modelling just over a year ago and was chosen from over 700 models this summer to be the new
A FASHIONABLE eight-year-old from St Albans has taken the States by storm with his latest winter line.
Jason Parker, a pupil at Skyswood Primary School, took up modelling just over a year ago and was chosen from over 700 models this summer to be the new face of Stella McCartney's clothing range for Gap.
Jason, who modelled for Marks & Spencer's Back to School campaign last year, was picked by Stella McCartney herself at the final casting in September and had his photos - which show him dancing and playing with rabbits and chicks - taken the same day.
Julie Parker, Jason's mother, said that modelling runs in the family: "It all started with Jason's older brother Toby, who did a bit of work for Woolworths before he got fed up of it. Toby's agency snapped Jason up when he grew his hair long - we think it's his pale ginger mane that makes him popular!"
You may also want to watch:
Photos of Jason dressed in Stella McCartney's winter range are now on show at Gap stores all over the world, and Julie said that her husband, who is currently in America, was very shocked to see a 40ft picture of his son on the side of the giant Gap on Broadway.
She added: "It is strange to see Jason all over the place but he doesn't seem phased by it at all. Who knows if he'll carry on with modelling as he gets older or leave it be like Toby did, but it is nice to think that Jason will have a big fund to chip into once he turns 18.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests