St Albans mile walk will help raise funds for multiple sclerosis centre
- Credit: photo supplied
An ambitious plan to raise £30,000 with 30 one-mile-long walks strides forward next month from Westminster Lodge in St Albans.
Local resident Fiona Cressy will be among those taking part in the Walk the MS Mile on Thursday September 10 in memory of her dad, Roger.
Her father, who died at the end of 2014, had been a much-loved member of the Chilterns MS Centre - based in Wendover - for many years, where he had been receiving regular treatments and support.
The charity welcomes 300 people with multiple sclerosis (MS) every week for treatment and support from across Herts, Bucks and Oxon.
The flagship event of the centre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, being marked this year, is its Walk the MS Mile initiative, to raise funds via walks in 30 places across the 30 days of September, which will also boost awareness of the charity’s services.
You may also want to watch:
Walkers will leave Westminster Lodge at 11am on September 10, and walk to the bridge on the lake at Verulamium Park and back.
Participants can register before the day at: www.chilternsmscentre.org/fundraising-and-news/walk-the-ms-mile or on the day from 10.30am at the leisure centre.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images