St Albans mile walk will help raise funds for multiple sclerosis centre
- Credit: photo supplied
An ambitious plan to raise £30,000 with 30 one-mile-long walks strides forward next month from Westminster Lodge in St Albans.
Local resident Fiona Cressy will be among those taking part in the Walk the MS Mile on Thursday September 10 in memory of her dad, Roger.
Her father, who died at the end of 2014, had been a much-loved member of the Chilterns MS Centre - based in Wendover - for many years, where he had been receiving regular treatments and support.
The charity welcomes 300 people with multiple sclerosis (MS) every week for treatment and support from across Herts, Bucks and Oxon.
The flagship event of the centre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, being marked this year, is its Walk the MS Mile initiative, to raise funds via walks in 30 places across the 30 days of September, which will also boost awareness of the charity’s services.
You may also want to watch:
Walkers will leave Westminster Lodge at 11am on September 10, and walk to the bridge on the lake at Verulamium Park and back.
Participants can register before the day at: www.chilternsmscentre.org/fundraising-and-news/walk-the-ms-mile or on the day from 10.30am at the leisure centre.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly