St Albans men walking from San Francisco to LA
WALKING 508 miles is not something most people would dream of doing to celebrate their 30th birthday, but for a St Albans man it’s not just a chance to celebrate his milestone birthday, it’s also the opportunity to raise cash for charity.
Rob Burton of Langley Grove will walk from San Francisco to Los Angeles along with his two friends, Joe Mitchell and Richard Ash, later this month to raise money for Oxfam.
The trio will make their way along Highway One, which links the two cities in California, at a pace of 26 miles a day over three weeks. They will set up camp at the end of each day’s walking where they will try to rest their feet.
Rob, who will hit 30 while on the trip, said: “We’re all excited about the unknown. None of us really know what to expect whilst we’re on the trip other than we’re going to be walking a lot and we’re going to see a lot of the Pacific Ocean. Who knows what else will happen?”
The experienced walkers are well prepared for the outdoors and have trained for their trek with many walks throughout Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
To support the trio in their efforts, visit www.justgiving.com/roadtola or to help them in any way, email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 9 Green light given to new hospital project
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover