St Albans men walking from San Francisco to LA
WALKING 508 miles is not something most people would dream of doing to celebrate their 30th birthday, but for a St Albans man it’s not just a chance to celebrate his milestone birthday, it’s also the opportunity to raise cash for charity.
Rob Burton of Langley Grove will walk from San Francisco to Los Angeles along with his two friends, Joe Mitchell and Richard Ash, later this month to raise money for Oxfam.
The trio will make their way along Highway One, which links the two cities in California, at a pace of 26 miles a day over three weeks. They will set up camp at the end of each day’s walking where they will try to rest their feet.
Rob, who will hit 30 while on the trip, said: “We’re all excited about the unknown. None of us really know what to expect whilst we’re on the trip other than we’re going to be walking a lot and we’re going to see a lot of the Pacific Ocean. Who knows what else will happen?”
The experienced walkers are well prepared for the outdoors and have trained for their trek with many walks throughout Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
To support the trio in their efforts, visit www.justgiving.com/roadtola or to help them in any way, email Rob at email@example.com
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building