St Albans McDonalds goes viral after funny cashier caught on camera
- Credit: Archant
His quirky order-taking technique, which was caught on camera, has resulted in an employee at a St Albans drive-thru restaurant finding internet fame.
The cashier, who is currently only known as Lewis, was filmed taking order at McDonald’s in Griffiths Way, St Albans, recently.
The video was posted online and soon went viral, being shared by various online news outlets including LADbible where it has racked up 21 million views.
In the video Lewis responds to the customer’s order by asking if he wants chicken or beef, and the customer responds with beef.
Lewis then said: “It’s got to be beef! And what drink on that bad boy?”
The customer orders a coke and Lewis replied: “Oi oi saveloy a little classical coke.”
You may also want to watch:
Further into the order the customer asks for two 7-Up drinks and Lewis said: “Lovely, so we’ve got a 14-Up.”
He is also heard to make comical comments such as “Choccy shake! Don’t mind if I diddly-do” and “Saucy with sweet chill-ay.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
A McDonalds spokesperson said: “We are delighted with the attitude and positivity Lewis has shown to our customers.
“Lewis is a valued member of the McDonald’s team and is always putting a smile on customers’ and colleagues’ faces. He is testament to the brilliant young people we employ, delivering feel-good moments up and down the country.”
Click here to view the video.