St Albans mayor visits masonic centre
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of St Albans was a guest of honour during an open day at one of the city’s masonic centres.
Mayor Cllr Mohammad Iqbal Zia attended the open day at Ashwell House masonic centre in Verulam Road on Sunday, July 9.
He was welcomed by provincial grand master of Hertfordshire Paul Gower and centre boss Willie Wilson, and members of the committee which runs the complex.
The mayor was given a tour of the building, spoke to guests and had a look at masonic memorabilia. He also attended a talk about Ashwell House’s history given by Dickie Davison.
Afterwards, Cllr Zia said: “It was a very interesting and informative visit. I enjoyed meeting everyone and thank them for their hospitality.
You may also want to watch:
“I am keen to understand all aspects of life in my community.”
The main masonic centre of Hertfordshire, the Provincial Grand Lodge, is based at Porters Wood, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match