St Albans Mayor taking pride in awards
NOMINATIONS have been pouring in for the Mayor’s Pride Awards which were launched last week in the Herts Advertiser.
The Mayor, Cllr Maxine Crawley (pictured), is behind the new initiative organised by St Albans district council to recognise the contribution of local residents and organisations to the community.
It is an opportunity to thank the unsung heroes and volunteers from across the district who put others before themselves, show an outstanding contribution to the community or achieve great things in the face of adversity.
There are 10 categories – one of which is the Mayor’s Recognition Award which Cllr Crawley will present based upon her choice alone – and further details can be found on the council’s website www.stalbans.gov.uk/mayorsprideawards
Nomination forms can also be obtained at the council offices in St Peter’s Street, doctors and dentists surgeries, leisure centres, the Alban Arena, Harpenden Public Halls, the Maltings Arts Theatre and community centres.
You may also want to watch:
To put forward people in any of the categories simply complete a nomination form and send it to the council to arrive by March 14.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident