St Albans Mayor taking pride in awards
NOMINATIONS have been pouring in for the Mayor’s Pride Awards which were launched last week in the Herts Advertiser.
The Mayor, Cllr Maxine Crawley (pictured), is behind the new initiative organised by St Albans district council to recognise the contribution of local residents and organisations to the community.
It is an opportunity to thank the unsung heroes and volunteers from across the district who put others before themselves, show an outstanding contribution to the community or achieve great things in the face of adversity.
There are 10 categories – one of which is the Mayor’s Recognition Award which Cllr Crawley will present based upon her choice alone – and further details can be found on the council’s website www.stalbans.gov.uk/mayorsprideawards
Nomination forms can also be obtained at the council offices in St Peter’s Street, doctors and dentists surgeries, leisure centres, the Alban Arena, Harpenden Public Halls, the Maltings Arts Theatre and community centres.
You may also want to watch:
To put forward people in any of the categories simply complete a nomination form and send it to the council to arrive by March 14.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to