St Albans Mayor taking pride in awards
NOMINATIONS have been pouring in for the Mayor’s Pride Awards which were launched last week in the Herts Advertiser.
The Mayor, Cllr Maxine Crawley (pictured), is behind the new initiative organised by St Albans district council to recognise the contribution of local residents and organisations to the community.
It is an opportunity to thank the unsung heroes and volunteers from across the district who put others before themselves, show an outstanding contribution to the community or achieve great things in the face of adversity.
There are 10 categories – one of which is the Mayor’s Recognition Award which Cllr Crawley will present based upon her choice alone – and further details can be found on the council’s website www.stalbans.gov.uk/mayorsprideawards
Nomination forms can also be obtained at the council offices in St Peter’s Street, doctors and dentists surgeries, leisure centres, the Alban Arena, Harpenden Public Halls, the Maltings Arts Theatre and community centres.
You may also want to watch:
To put forward people in any of the categories simply complete a nomination form and send it to the council to arrive by March 14.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests