St Albans Matilda star’s Youth Music Theatre coup
- Credit: Archant
A DRAMATIC summer awaits a talented schoolgirl who has secured a place on a Youth Music Theatre UK production.
Misty Shergold, of St Albans Girls School, is already well rehearsed in the game of show business having performed as Lavender in RSC’s Matilda, which she described as “the best experience”.
The 14 year old said: “There is nothing to compare to it. It was thrilling, especially at the end when you take a bow and everyone is clapping for you.”
She said of being accepted on the production: “When it finally sunk in I was really excited, I could not believe it! I felt really good.”
The Year 9 student, whose favourite musical is Grease, added she would like to be on stage or in films when she was older: “I want to make people happy, sad, and make them feel and experience different emotions. To excite them and to make them think ‘wow!’.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very excited about the summer, I don’t know what it will be like, but I will be doing what I love doing so I am sure it is going to be fun.”
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 8 When will the election results be counted in Herts?
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base