St Albans Matilda star’s Youth Music Theatre coup
- Credit: Archant
A DRAMATIC summer awaits a talented schoolgirl who has secured a place on a Youth Music Theatre UK production.
Misty Shergold, of St Albans Girls School, is already well rehearsed in the game of show business having performed as Lavender in RSC’s Matilda, which she described as “the best experience”.
The 14 year old said: “There is nothing to compare to it. It was thrilling, especially at the end when you take a bow and everyone is clapping for you.”
She said of being accepted on the production: “When it finally sunk in I was really excited, I could not believe it! I felt really good.”
The Year 9 student, whose favourite musical is Grease, added she would like to be on stage or in films when she was older: “I want to make people happy, sad, and make them feel and experience different emotions. To excite them and to make them think ‘wow!’.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very excited about the summer, I don’t know what it will be like, but I will be doing what I love doing so I am sure it is going to be fun.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre