St Albans Matilda star’s Youth Music Theatre coup
- Credit: Archant
A DRAMATIC summer awaits a talented schoolgirl who has secured a place on a Youth Music Theatre UK production.
Misty Shergold, of St Albans Girls School, is already well rehearsed in the game of show business having performed as Lavender in RSC’s Matilda, which she described as “the best experience”.
The 14 year old said: “There is nothing to compare to it. It was thrilling, especially at the end when you take a bow and everyone is clapping for you.”
She said of being accepted on the production: “When it finally sunk in I was really excited, I could not believe it! I felt really good.”
The Year 9 student, whose favourite musical is Grease, added she would like to be on stage or in films when she was older: “I want to make people happy, sad, and make them feel and experience different emotions. To excite them and to make them think ‘wow!’.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very excited about the summer, I don’t know what it will be like, but I will be doing what I love doing so I am sure it is going to be fun.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe