St Albans Matilda star’s Youth Music Theatre coup
- Credit: Archant
A DRAMATIC summer awaits a talented schoolgirl who has secured a place on a Youth Music Theatre UK production.
Misty Shergold, of St Albans Girls School, is already well rehearsed in the game of show business having performed as Lavender in RSC’s Matilda, which she described as “the best experience”.
The 14 year old said: “There is nothing to compare to it. It was thrilling, especially at the end when you take a bow and everyone is clapping for you.”
She said of being accepted on the production: “When it finally sunk in I was really excited, I could not believe it! I felt really good.”
The Year 9 student, whose favourite musical is Grease, added she would like to be on stage or in films when she was older: “I want to make people happy, sad, and make them feel and experience different emotions. To excite them and to make them think ‘wow!’.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very excited about the summer, I don’t know what it will be like, but I will be doing what I love doing so I am sure it is going to be fun.”
- 1 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 2 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate