St Albans MasterChef contestant makes it through to semi-finals
- Credit: BBC/Shine TV
It all came down to one banging plate of food for MasterChef contestant and professional DJ Lyndsay Evans in tonight’s episode of the BBC1 show, but despite a disappointing dish she lived to fight another day.
Lyndsay, 36, who lives in Tyttenhanger, was one of the final 10 cooks tasked with producing a showstopping dish on the last day of knock-out week.
She put together a dish of beef fillet with crispy oyster in filot pastry, charred cabbage, girolle mushrooms, bone marrow and salcify.
“I’ve started to get this tiny bit of confidence,” she said before the round, “but ultimately you’re only as good as your last dish.”
“All you really want is just a nice plate of tasty food,” she told judge Gregg Wallace, who responded: “Hallelujah!”
You may also want to watch:
Sampling her plate, John Torode told her: “The dish is really confused... I’m not a fan of burnt cabbage.”
Gregg added: “There are things I like... There are positives and negatives there.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
Fortunately, she wasn’t the only contestant to have a bad round, and scraped through to next week’s semi-finals after Imran was sent home.
“It would be rubbish to go home but I don’t think I was top of the class today,” she said before the decision was made.
“I can’t believe it, I’m a semi-finalist” she added after getting through.
Catch the next episode of MasterChef on Monday at 7.30pm.