St Albans MasterChef contestant makes it through to semi-finals
- Credit: BBC/Shine TV
It all came down to one banging plate of food for MasterChef contestant and professional DJ Lyndsay Evans in tonight’s episode of the BBC1 show, but despite a disappointing dish she lived to fight another day.
Lyndsay, 36, who lives in Tyttenhanger, was one of the final 10 cooks tasked with producing a showstopping dish on the last day of knock-out week.
She put together a dish of beef fillet with crispy oyster in filot pastry, charred cabbage, girolle mushrooms, bone marrow and salcify.
“I’ve started to get this tiny bit of confidence,” she said before the round, “but ultimately you’re only as good as your last dish.”
“All you really want is just a nice plate of tasty food,” she told judge Gregg Wallace, who responded: “Hallelujah!”
You may also want to watch:
Sampling her plate, John Torode told her: “The dish is really confused... I’m not a fan of burnt cabbage.”
Gregg added: “There are things I like... There are positives and negatives there.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Fortunately, she wasn’t the only contestant to have a bad round, and scraped through to next week’s semi-finals after Imran was sent home.
“It would be rubbish to go home but I don’t think I was top of the class today,” she said before the decision was made.
“I can’t believe it, I’m a semi-finalist” she added after getting through.
Catch the next episode of MasterChef on Monday at 7.30pm.