St Albans MasterChef contestant makes it through to semi-finals
- Credit: BBC/Shine TV
It all came down to one banging plate of food for MasterChef contestant and professional DJ Lyndsay Evans in tonight’s episode of the BBC1 show, but despite a disappointing dish she lived to fight another day.
Lyndsay, 36, who lives in Tyttenhanger, was one of the final 10 cooks tasked with producing a showstopping dish on the last day of knock-out week.
She put together a dish of beef fillet with crispy oyster in filot pastry, charred cabbage, girolle mushrooms, bone marrow and salcify.
“I’ve started to get this tiny bit of confidence,” she said before the round, “but ultimately you’re only as good as your last dish.”
“All you really want is just a nice plate of tasty food,” she told judge Gregg Wallace, who responded: “Hallelujah!”
You may also want to watch:
Sampling her plate, John Torode told her: “The dish is really confused... I’m not a fan of burnt cabbage.”
Gregg added: “There are things I like... There are positives and negatives there.”
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 6 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 7 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 8 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 9 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 10 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
Fortunately, she wasn’t the only contestant to have a bad round, and scraped through to next week’s semi-finals after Imran was sent home.
“It would be rubbish to go home but I don’t think I was top of the class today,” she said before the decision was made.
“I can’t believe it, I’m a semi-finalist” she added after getting through.
Catch the next episode of MasterChef on Monday at 7.30pm.