St Albans man wins highest Scouting award
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman. Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature. Mr Brittain has be
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman.
Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature.
Mr Brittain has been a Scout with Herts for 60 years and for six years has been the County Scout Archivist.
He heads a team of eight experienced and qualified people and with their assistance has written a book entitled Milestones of 100 Years of Hertfordshire Scouting, published during the centenary of Scouting in the county.
You may also want to watch:
He also manages the county Scout museum located at the Herts Scout HQ situated at Well End near Shenley which recently hosted an exhibition of artefacts, history and heritage based on the book which took three years to organise.
Mr Brittain, aged 70, has lived in St Albans for 45 years and when he is not Scouting, he runs the successful Handyman Services Company which provides support to shops, offices and the community at large.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
His continued involvement with the Scouting movement comes at a time when the number of Scouts in Herts has grown steadily. Nationally it has the highest growth rate in the UK with the St Albans Scout district having the fastest growth in the county.