St Albans man wins highest Scouting award
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman. Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature. Mr Brittain has be
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman.
Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature.
Mr Brittain has been a Scout with Herts for 60 years and for six years has been the County Scout Archivist.
He heads a team of eight experienced and qualified people and with their assistance has written a book entitled Milestones of 100 Years of Hertfordshire Scouting, published during the centenary of Scouting in the county.
You may also want to watch:
He also manages the county Scout museum located at the Herts Scout HQ situated at Well End near Shenley which recently hosted an exhibition of artefacts, history and heritage based on the book which took three years to organise.
Mr Brittain, aged 70, has lived in St Albans for 45 years and when he is not Scouting, he runs the successful Handyman Services Company which provides support to shops, offices and the community at large.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 6 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 7 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
His continued involvement with the Scouting movement comes at a time when the number of Scouts in Herts has grown steadily. Nationally it has the highest growth rate in the UK with the St Albans Scout district having the fastest growth in the county.