St Albans man wins highest Scouting award
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman. Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature. Mr Brittain has be
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman.
Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature.
Mr Brittain has been a Scout with Herts for 60 years and for six years has been the County Scout Archivist.
He heads a team of eight experienced and qualified people and with their assistance has written a book entitled Milestones of 100 Years of Hertfordshire Scouting, published during the centenary of Scouting in the county.
You may also want to watch:
He also manages the county Scout museum located at the Herts Scout HQ situated at Well End near Shenley which recently hosted an exhibition of artefacts, history and heritage based on the book which took three years to organise.
Mr Brittain, aged 70, has lived in St Albans for 45 years and when he is not Scouting, he runs the successful Handyman Services Company which provides support to shops, offices and the community at large.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
His continued involvement with the Scouting movement comes at a time when the number of Scouts in Herts has grown steadily. Nationally it has the highest growth rate in the UK with the St Albans Scout district having the fastest growth in the county.