St Albans man wins highest Scouting award
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman. Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature. Mr Brittain has be
THE HIGHEST award for Scouting in the UK has been presented to a St Albans businessman.
Frank Brittain, who lives in Slimmons Drive, has been awarded the Silver Wolf in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature.
Mr Brittain has been a Scout with Herts for 60 years and for six years has been the County Scout Archivist.
He heads a team of eight experienced and qualified people and with their assistance has written a book entitled Milestones of 100 Years of Hertfordshire Scouting, published during the centenary of Scouting in the county.
He also manages the county Scout museum located at the Herts Scout HQ situated at Well End near Shenley which recently hosted an exhibition of artefacts, history and heritage based on the book which took three years to organise.
Mr Brittain, aged 70, has lived in St Albans for 45 years and when he is not Scouting, he runs the successful Handyman Services Company which provides support to shops, offices and the community at large.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
His continued involvement with the Scouting movement comes at a time when the number of Scouts in Herts has grown steadily. Nationally it has the highest growth rate in the UK with the St Albans Scout district having the fastest growth in the county.