St Albans man wins �100,000 with �3 bet
A LUCKY punter has won more than �100,000 with an online bet of �3. A spokesperson for Ladbrokes Games said the St Albans man, whose name has not been released, won the money on Monday playing a game called Chain Reactor which she described as a virtual
A LUCKY punter has won more than �100,000 with an online bet of �3.
A spokesperson for Ladbrokes Games said the St Albans man, whose name has not been released, won the money on Monday playing a game called Chain Reactor which she described as a "virtual slot machine".
The 40-year old man, whose wife celebrated her birthday yesterday (Wednesday), said: "Business has been slow. We've had to cancel our skiing holiday to try to save money but we're going to celebrate in style now."
The man got six symbols vertically and horizontally to win the second-tier jackpot. When he won he tried to save the screen telling him he'd won but it went down.
You may also want to watch:
He phoned Ladbrokes to check up and discovered that he had definitely won a total of �109, 467.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead