St Albans man wins �100,000 with �3 bet
A LUCKY punter has won more than �100,000 with an online bet of �3. A spokesperson for Ladbrokes Games said the St Albans man, whose name has not been released, won the money on Monday playing a game called Chain Reactor which she described as a virtual
A LUCKY punter has won more than �100,000 with an online bet of �3.
A spokesperson for Ladbrokes Games said the St Albans man, whose name has not been released, won the money on Monday playing a game called Chain Reactor which she described as a "virtual slot machine".
The 40-year old man, whose wife celebrated her birthday yesterday (Wednesday), said: "Business has been slow. We've had to cancel our skiing holiday to try to save money but we're going to celebrate in style now."
The man got six symbols vertically and horizontally to win the second-tier jackpot. When he won he tried to save the screen telling him he'd won but it went down.
You may also want to watch:
He phoned Ladbrokes to check up and discovered that he had definitely won a total of �109, 467.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes