St Albans volunteer creates litter-picking group
- Credit: Archant
A litter-picking community volunteer group has been formed in St Albans.
Organisers Adam Colman and Stefania Vinci set up the group to encourage newcomers to join in and established litter-pickers to share their work with others.
The Facebook page is called ‘St Albans Litter Picking – Community Volunteers’ and already has 55 members.
Adam said: “Stefania and I went litter picking together when we realised there was a lot of litter being dropped. We set up the group because we wanted a central point for litter-picking volunteers to share their stories and pictures.
“We hope to encourage others to get involved. We also hope people might become more mindful of where they drop their litter.”
You may also want to watch:
Adam hopes that when he moves away from St Albans later this year, other people will continue to develop the group.
He added: “We have many litter-picking heroes and legends in St Albans such as six-year-old Thomas and Max Nicholson-Wolfe recently in the Herts Ad who took it upon themselves to clean up the park.”
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 9 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament