St Albans volunteer creates litter-picking group
- Credit: Archant
A litter-picking community volunteer group has been formed in St Albans.
Organisers Adam Colman and Stefania Vinci set up the group to encourage newcomers to join in and established litter-pickers to share their work with others.
The Facebook page is called ‘St Albans Litter Picking – Community Volunteers’ and already has 55 members.
Adam said: “Stefania and I went litter picking together when we realised there was a lot of litter being dropped. We set up the group because we wanted a central point for litter-picking volunteers to share their stories and pictures.
“We hope to encourage others to get involved. We also hope people might become more mindful of where they drop their litter.”
You may also want to watch:
Adam hopes that when he moves away from St Albans later this year, other people will continue to develop the group.
He added: “We have many litter-picking heroes and legends in St Albans such as six-year-old Thomas and Max Nicholson-Wolfe recently in the Herts Ad who took it upon themselves to clean up the park.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans