St Albans man stabbed in ‘altercation’
- Credit: Craig Shepheard
A 45 year old St Albans man has been taken to hospital after suffering numerous stab wounds in a fight.
His hospitalisation follows an altercation at an address in Townsend Avenue, near to St Albans High School for Girls, early this morning (Tuesday).
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that officers were called to the house following reports of a disturbance at about 1.45am.
Upon arrival at the property two men were found inside, one with numerous stab wounds. One man has since been arrested.
Explaining that there had been an “altercation at the property”, she added, “the victim, a 45 year old man, has been taken to hospital where he remains at this time receiving treatment.
“A 39 year old man will be questioned on suspicion of attempted murder.”
Forensic investigations were carried out on the property throughout the day, and a scene guard remains in place there.
- 1 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 8 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service has confirmed that a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance and a doctor attended the incident, but he had no further details available on the condition of the patient or where he was stabbed.