St Albans man sought in connection with £165,000 conned from 91-year-old woman
MANCHESTER police want to interview a St Albans man in connection with a crime in which a 91-year-old woman was conned out of more than £185,000 of life savings. Four people have already been convicted of money laundering after the victim paid out the vas
MANCHESTER police want to interview a St Albans man in connection with a crime in which a 91-year-old woman was conned out of more than £185,000 of life savings.
Four people have already been convicted of money laundering after the victim paid out the vast sum for work to be done to her garden in South Manchester during 2005.
But three men are still wanted in connection with the incident, including a man called Kevin Laney who is believed to have lived at St Leonard's Crescent in St Albans several years ago.
The 46-year-old has brown, sandy-coloured receding hair and a southern accent, and is thought to have links with the travelling community.
You may also want to watch:
Manchester Police seized more than £405,000 from the two men and two women convicted in a trial at the end of last year.
The elderly victim has since been given back all of her money plus interest.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Anyone with information about Kevin Laney's whereabouts should call South Manchester CID on 0161 856 4845 or 856 4852. Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.