St Albans man shifts seven stone with diet
AN OVERWEIGHT St Albans construction worker driven to shed seven stone because of health fears is now slim enough to sit comfortably in his “one passion in life” – a Nissan 350Z sports car.
Indulging in a partying lifestyle including binge drinking and takeaway meals helped Danny Dwyer, 34, balloon to over 21 stone.
Unhappy with his weight and appearance and concerned that he would develop health problems as he approached his 40s, Danny decided to drastically change his diet and lifestyle.
In four months he shrank from 21 to 14 stone, courtesy of the LighterLife total programme where ordinary eating is replaced by four specially formulated food packs a day.
This was accompanied by weekly counselling sessions with LighterLife counsellor Gina Lennon, based in St Albans, who helped Danny reassess his relationship with food.
You may also want to watch:
Danny said: “I’m doing stuff now I’d never have thought possible six months ago. I run twice a week, cycle 50 miles every weekend, play football every Wednesday and go to the gym.
“I used to hate running because it hurt me, but now have a treadmill in the garage and I just hop on and run 5km.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Danny added that the only thing lacking in his life, other than several stone, was a girlfriend but he hoped his new-found confidence would help him find a partner.