St Albans man sheds two stone as part of 2014 fitness regime
- Credit: Archant
At the beginning of 2014 Steve Robertson was overweight and unfit, but within a matter of months he had turned his life around and is now ending the year feeling healthier than he has in ages.
After finally resolving to lose two stones in weight and get fit and healthy in February, he signed up for the individually-targeted Wellbeing programme at St Albans gym Nuffield Health to ensure he kept to his promise.
Steve explained: “I’ve always been very sporty but the rigour of work had been an excuse to not do much exercise over the last few years and the pounds had piled on.
“Within very little time, I found myself visiting the gym frequently in the Midlands when working away and in St Albans when home.
“Supported regularly by my personal trainer Denise Collman, I soon started to improve cardio fitness and found that my breathing was easier, sleep improved and that I was feeling generally healthier. Weight and resistance training also enabled strength improvements too.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve also received further support from a nutrition specialist, and over the next few weeks, the benefits of a balanced diet and sensible exercise program really started to reap rewards.
“All indicators of my health had improved including cholesterol, weight, glucose levels, aerobic fitness, heart rate and blood pressure.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
“I have now lost almost two stones and am feeling fitter than I have ever felt. My diet has improved dramatically and is much more balanced - much fewer drinks and sweets - and I’ve dropped from a 36 inch waist in February to 30 inch waist in October. I am now planning to run a half marathon in the next year.
“I am delighted with the progress that I have made and the support which has been provided to keep my fitness and health heading in the right direction. I now visit the gym three to four times a week and track my exercise and fitness regime to keep pushing and motivating myself.”