St Albans man shaves entire head for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
The number of baldies, slap-heads and Uncle Fester-lookalikes is set to increase this month as people up and down the country ‘Brave the Shave’ to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ben Higgs, from St Albans, was rendered hairless at Menspire this weekend and has raised more than £500 for the charity.
The 23-year-old, who lost his grandad Bill to cancer three years ago, said: “It means a lot to be supporting Macmillan. My parents and girlfriend came down to support me so it was really good.
“I had a short, back and side before - about seven inches on top - and it was literally gone in about 10 minutes.”
Ben said that although the new hair-style (or lack of) is a shock, he is growing to like it.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s a nice change, actually. I think while the weather is nice I’ll like but as soon as it turns I’m in for a shock.”
Ben, who has worked at FSC Global for four years, says every single one of his colleagues chipped in and sponsored his ‘Brave the Shave’.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
“I’m a bit of a comedian at work,” he said, “so everyone was more than happy to donate.”
This year’s Brave the Shave campaign has so far seen more than 17,000 people sign up to take part and close to £1million raised.
To find out more about Ben’s fundraising efforts and to donate, click here.