St Albans man sails through warfare specialist training at HMS Collingwood
- Credit: Archant
A former Verulam pupil has graduated as a Warfare Specialist from HMS Collingwood in Fareham, Hampshire.
James Ross, 20, and originally from St Albans, joined the Royal Navy in February this year following a life long dream of joining the forces.
James completed his Warfare Specialist Course Phase 2 training with the Victory Squadron at HMS Collingwood, the home of the Maritime Warfare School which provides first class training to all officers and ratings of the Royal Navy.
James said: “Being class leader has developed my confidence and personal organisational skills. I’m now ready to join the fleet. My career highlight has been meeting the people and making the friends I have.”
Whilst completing the Warfare Specialist training course, James was taught how to set up and operate the Royal Navy’s systems that provide information to ships on air and surface activities.
You may also want to watch:
As a Warfare Specialist on board, his role will include detecting threats to the ship, identifying targets and making crucial tactical decisions.
After successfully completing the Warfare Specialist course, James is now undertaking the Underwater Warfare Course at HMS Collingwood.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
James’ service career choice sees him following in the footsteps of his great granddad, who served in the Royal Navy.