Man jailed for having two knives in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans man has been jailed after being caught with two knives in a public place.
Shannon Jeffers, 28, appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on January 4.
He admitted having one large and one small black-handled kitchen knife in a public place on the A1081 in Harpenden on January 3 without good reason or lawful authority.
Magistrates considered the offences to be especially serious given the defendant’s record of previous offending.
Jeffers, of no fixed address, was jailed for six months.
You may also want to watch:
He was also ordered to pay victim services £115 and £85 court costs.
Both knives were confiscated and will be destroyed.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success