St Albans man jailed for flouting court injunction
A 22-year-old man has been jailed after ignoring a court injunction barring him from entering a housing estate.
Anthony Ahmet, of Hazelwood Drive, St Albans, was arrested by officers from Finsbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) after he was seen in the Andover Estate in Islington.
He appeared at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch county court last Tuesday, October 16, and was jailed for 28 days.
Complaints had been received over a period of time from residents about anti-social behaviour by large groups of young people in communal areas of the flats in the Andover Estate.
They were involved in a range of anti-social activities including drinking, smoking, taking drugs and setting up barbecues in communal areas, on stairwells and in walkways close to people’s homes.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, Finsbury Park SNT increased patrols around the estate and targeted specific areas where complaints had been received. On speaking to the youths they discovered that a number of them did not actually live on the estate. Anthony Ahmet was identified as one of the ringleaders in the group.
In close partnership with the London Borough of Islington, Finsbury Park SNT obtained injunctions under the Housing Act 1996 preventing several people, including Ahmet, from entering the Andover Estate.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
Sergeant Paul Cruise from the Finsbury Park SNT said: “We are working hard to reduce ASB in the Andover Estate and the injunctions served were for a purpose.
“Anthony Ahmet’s sentence should serve as a warning to others.”