St Albans man jailed for flouting court injunction
A 22-year-old man has been jailed after ignoring a court injunction barring him from entering a housing estate.
Anthony Ahmet, of Hazelwood Drive, St Albans, was arrested by officers from Finsbury Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) after he was seen in the Andover Estate in Islington.
He appeared at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch county court last Tuesday, October 16, and was jailed for 28 days.
Complaints had been received over a period of time from residents about anti-social behaviour by large groups of young people in communal areas of the flats in the Andover Estate.
They were involved in a range of anti-social activities including drinking, smoking, taking drugs and setting up barbecues in communal areas, on stairwells and in walkways close to people’s homes.
As a result, Finsbury Park SNT increased patrols around the estate and targeted specific areas where complaints had been received. On speaking to the youths they discovered that a number of them did not actually live on the estate. Anthony Ahmet was identified as one of the ringleaders in the group.
In close partnership with the London Borough of Islington, Finsbury Park SNT obtained injunctions under the Housing Act 1996 preventing several people, including Ahmet, from entering the Andover Estate.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Sergeant Paul Cruise from the Finsbury Park SNT said: “We are working hard to reduce ASB in the Andover Estate and the injunctions served were for a purpose.
“Anthony Ahmet’s sentence should serve as a warning to others.”