St Albans man has close call with burglar
- Credit: Archant
It was a close call last week for one man who managed to scare off a burglar before they had the chance to steal anything.
At about 4.30 on Tuesday (12) morning the man, who has not been named, heard someone trying to open the back door of his home on Marshall Avenue, St Albans.
He went downstairs to have a look and saw the outline of a man through the glass and shouted.
The alleged burglar then ran off along with a second man.
The police searched the area with assistance from the dog unit but could not find the culprits.
You may also want to watch:
Work is ongoing to try and find the alleged burglars. If you have any information please call the police on the non-emergency number 101 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 5 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted