St Albans man guilty of firing air rifle at home
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans man has been fined over £1,000 after pleading guilty to damaging a car and firing an air rifle at his home.
Clint Brady, 36, of Woodland Drive, was sentenced at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
He pleaded guilty to firing an air weapon beyond a premises – in this case his home – with an air rifle on July 7 this year, contrary to section 21A and Schedule 6 of the Firearms Act (1968).
Brady also pleaded guilty to carrying out criminal damage to property valued under £5,000, a silver Renault Clio, which resulted in about £600 worth of damage, on July 7.
Magistrates fined Brady £200 for criminal damage, £200 for firing an air rifle, forfeiture and destruction of the air weapon and ammunition.
You may also want to watch:
He was also ordered to pay £596.63 compensation, £20 victim surcharge and £85 in court costs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents