St Albans man died of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans man died after poisoning himself with carbon monoxide at home.
Police discovered the body of Ralph Parrett on March 14 after receiving phonecalls from concerned neighbours who had not seen him in a while.
Officers forced entry into the 54 year old’s property in Radlett Road, Frogmore, and found a note saying that he wanted to end his life.
When they eventually found his body they realised he had been there for quite some time.
A pathologist found there was well above the lethal limit of carbon monoxide in his body with levels of the gas at 69 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Coroner Edward Thomas ruled that Ralph took his own life.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests