St Albans man could be the next greatest speaker
A ST ALBANS man has beaten over 200 people to be in the final 25 of an international competition to find ‘The Next Greatest Speaker and Author’.
Adam Shaw, of Albert Street, is the only competitor left from Europe after posting his initial entry online in July.
The former coronary nurse has until the early hours of Monday morning to get as many votes as possible before the winner is announced a day or two later.
Judges assess entrants on three things; speaking, writing and their ability to get votes.
Adam explained that the first round of the competition was to share a personal story and the second was to share a message.
You may also want to watch:
His personal story was sharing his “quirky past” of living at Shenley Hospital, and his message is about detecting the early warning signs of heart disease, which he calls “the biggest killer in the world”.
He said of his success so far: “I didn’t expect to get this far. It’s a big surprise to me.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Adam described the prizes at stake as ‘life-altering’ and it’s easy to see why; the winner gets the chance to speak at a messenger summit in America and also gets a book publishing contract.
Adam said: “My fingers are crossed.”
To vote for him visit http://eat2.us/AdamShaw