St Albans man charged over major Stevenage crash that injured 19 people
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man from St Albans has been charged – alongside an Essex man, aged 21 – in relation to a serious road traffic collision which injured 19 people in Stevenge last year.
The incident took place in Stevenage on July 18 2019, and occurred after a car cruise meeting which had been held in the town.
Officers had been called to Monkswood Way at around 9.45pm, to reports that two cars, which had been driven at speed in the area, had collided and subsequently hit crowds which had gathered to watch.
Dominic Brown, aged 21 and from Park Street Lane, St Albans, and 21-year-old Julian Castano-Perez from Fitzwalter Place, Dunmow in Essex, had been served summons to appear at Stevenage Magistrates Court today (Wednesday 1 July).
There they were charged with 19 offences in connection with the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Both drivers are charged with eight offences of serious injury by dangerous driving and 11 offences of wanton/furious driving.
The case has now been referred to St Albans Crown Court for a plea and direction hearing.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 10 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
The men are due to appear on August 3.