St Albans man bailed for third time over haul of wartime munitions
- Credit: Kerry Davies/INS News Agency Ltd
A man arrested after First and Second World War artefacts and munitions were seized from a St Albans address during a raid has been bailed by the police for the third time.
Bomb squad experts carried out controlled detonations of seized items after the execution of a search warrant on a Windmill Avenue home in September last year.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Police said a 48-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of alleged theft from heritage and protected sites was bailed last Wednesday, January 7, to attend the police station on March 3.
He had first been bailed at the time of his arrest in September and again on November 14.
However no charges have yet been laid.
The spokeswoman said investigations were continuing.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023