St Albans duo tackling charity walk for seriously ill children
- Credit: Archant
Two friends from St Albans are taking part in a 100k charity walk to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Alex Chapman, of Prospect Road, and Rob Riches, of Doggetts Way, are taking part in the London 2 Brighton Challenge on Saturday, May 25, walking the 62-mile distance between Richmond and Brighton Race Course.
They are also holding a live music event at three different St Albans pubs this Saturday (May 18) to help reach their £1,200 target.
Local acoustic duo Entropy, fronted by Neil Oxtoby, will perform at The Mermaid at 3pm, at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks at 5pm, and at the Lower Road Lion at 7pm.
Alex said: "A lot of my family are in child or neonatal nursing.
You may also want to watch:
"Great Ormond Street's research is vital to improving the quality of care for all under 18s with serious illnesses."
To donate go to justgiving.com/fundraising/RoLex.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common