St Albans streets host Living Advent Calendar
- Credit: Archant
Households in an area of St Albans have held a Living Advent Calendar to mark the festive season.
For every night of December up to Christmas, residents of Green Lane, Folly Lane, Lady Smith Road, Carlisle Road, Waverley Road and other streets nearby gathered together in a different house for drinks, mince pies, to turn on the lights and watch window displays being unveiled.
The organiser of the event was Leanne Walters, of Green Lane, who decided to get the community together after seeing other streets hold similar events.
Leanne said: "I created a flyer and went knocking on doors. Amazingly people were up for it and signed up to the idea.
"I thought it would be a great way of bringing people together and creating more community spirit.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been amazing. The host houses offer drinks, mince pies before the kids do the count down and the windows are switched on.
The creative festive displays included Nativity scenes and a flying Santa Claus.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
Leanne added: "The kids love it and it really has bought strangers together night after night."