St Albans leisure facilites pick up poor survey ratings
ONLY 43 per cent of local residents are satisfied with sport and leisure facilities in the district, according to a new survey. The low figure puts St Albans council in ninth place out of the 10 local authorities in Herts and way below the countywide aver
ONLY 43 per cent of local residents are satisfied with sport and leisure facilities in the district, according to a new survey.
The low figure puts St Albans council in ninth place out of the 10 local authorities in Herts and way below the countywide average of 52 per cent. In the survey of 1,900 people, the Westminster Lodge and London Colney leisure facilities - both of which are set to be replaced - received the lowest ratings, while Batchwood Golf and Tennis Centre and Harpenden Leisure Centre came out on top.
Just 19 per cent of those surveyed in the Clarence Ward and 28 per cent in London Colney were satisfied with facilities, compared to between 60 and 68 per cent of residents in Harpenden who were happy with facilities.
And 39 per cent of those surveyed on Westminster Lodge were dissatisfied with the cleanliness of facilities. The results of the survey and plans to improve services were presented to the public services overview and scrutiny committee last week
You may also want to watch:
But Cllr Julian Daly, leader of the local Conservatives, pointed out that leisure services encompassed arts and the theatre and he said the council should also be looking into how to improve those areas. He suggested asking people what exactly they were unhappy with.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414