St Albans leisure centre launches new gymnastics course thanks to £10,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has launched new gymnastics and trampolining classes thanks to a £10K grant from Sport England.
Adults, children, and disabled people will benefit from classes at Westminster Lodge starting Saturday, January 6.
Westminster Lodge is operated by Everyone Active for St Albans council.
Everyone Active sports activities manager James Tiley said: “January is a fantastic time to learn a new skill and we particularly hope to engage inactive teenagers in our programme to reduce the fallout of young people participating in sport.
“The funding has allowed us to buy a whole range of fantastic new equipment to use during the sessions.”
You may also want to watch:
A 10-week course will cost £72 and £80 per term, a 12-week course will cost £86.40 and £96 per term, and a disability session will cost £5 on a pay-as-you-go scheme.
For more information call 01727 736080, or visit www.everyoneactive.com.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'