St Albans leisure centre launches new gymnastics course thanks to £10,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has launched new gymnastics and trampolining classes thanks to a £10K grant from Sport England.
Adults, children, and disabled people will benefit from classes at Westminster Lodge starting Saturday, January 6.
Westminster Lodge is operated by Everyone Active for St Albans council.
Everyone Active sports activities manager James Tiley said: “January is a fantastic time to learn a new skill and we particularly hope to engage inactive teenagers in our programme to reduce the fallout of young people participating in sport.
“The funding has allowed us to buy a whole range of fantastic new equipment to use during the sessions.”
You may also want to watch:
A 10-week course will cost £72 and £80 per term, a 12-week course will cost £86.40 and £96 per term, and a disability session will cost £5 on a pay-as-you-go scheme.
For more information call 01727 736080, or visit www.everyoneactive.com.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery