St Albans leisure centre launches new gymnastics course thanks to £10,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has launched new gymnastics and trampolining classes thanks to a £10K grant from Sport England.
Adults, children, and disabled people will benefit from classes at Westminster Lodge starting Saturday, January 6.
Westminster Lodge is operated by Everyone Active for St Albans council.
Everyone Active sports activities manager James Tiley said: “January is a fantastic time to learn a new skill and we particularly hope to engage inactive teenagers in our programme to reduce the fallout of young people participating in sport.
“The funding has allowed us to buy a whole range of fantastic new equipment to use during the sessions.”
You may also want to watch:
A 10-week course will cost £72 and £80 per term, a 12-week course will cost £86.40 and £96 per term, and a disability session will cost £5 on a pay-as-you-go scheme.
For more information call 01727 736080, or visit www.everyoneactive.com.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends