St Albans leisure centre offering free exercise classes for women this International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre is celebrating International Women’s Day by offering free classes for women.
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre on Holywell Hill are running two sessions which women can attend without charge on March 8 - a circuits class and a boxercise session.
Verulamium Spa, which is also located at the centre, is also offering a 50 per cent discount for heat and water spa use throughout the day.
General manager Lesley Garner said: “Every year, International Women’s Day is celebrated worldwide, recognising women’s achievements, from the political to the social, while calling for gender equality.
“It is really important that we join in this celebration and put on activities to bring women of all backgrounds and circles together to celebrate their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope the classes will be a real success and can’t wait to welcome everyone down on the day.”
Westminster Lodge is managed by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans district council (SADC).
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The circuits class will take place from 9am to 9.45am in the sports hall, and the boxercise class will be from 5pm to 5.45pm in the studio.
Book by calling 01727 736080.