St Albans legal eagles flying high after raising £6K with charity week
- Credit: Archant
A charity week run by St Albans solicitors Debenhams Ottaway has raised £6,000 for their nominated charities - the Willow Foundation and St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust.
The week began with a team of 13 staff taking part in the Willow 10K run at Hatfield House, and the flagship event was a charity quiz night at Veer Dhara restaurant supported by many local businesses and representatives, including the two charities.
Other activities included a cake sale, FIFA tournament, charity raffle and ‘Wear a Hat to Work day’.
Staff raised an impressive £3,000 through their efforts, which was match-funded by the firm.
Willow Foundation provides positive and life-enhancing special days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds, whereas St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust is currently raising funds for the relocation of the museum and gallery to the Old Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Gray from St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust said: “It’s fantastic that Debenhams Ottaway is leading the way as a local business supporting the St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust. We are very grateful for their support for this exciting once-in-a-generation project to create a cultural heritage centre of excellence in the Town Hall.”
Willow representative Hannah Gray added: “The charity week has been an amazing success and we have been overwhelmed by the fundraising efforts of Debenhams Ottaway staff which will mean we can create even more Special Days for seriously ill young adults.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead