St Albans lawyers show off cooking talents at Bake-Off-style event
- Credit: Archant
Cakes of all shapes and sizes demonstrated the sweet side of local professionals when they competed in a baking competition to raise money for charity.
Hosting their second Great Legal Bake, St Albans firm, Rayden Solicitors, urged staff and other professionals to don their aprons and produce cakes to compete in two categories - best tasting and best looking.
And it was a gravity-defying Maltesers cake made by Rebecca Potton of Myers Clark Chartered Accountants that was judged the best looking with second place in the category going to last year’s winner Cherry Choudhury of City Lawyers.
Best tasting cake went to Raydens managing partner, Nadia Biles Davies, for her orange and poppy seed muffins.
Other popular cakes were Katherine Rayden’s Coffee Berry Crumble and a Guinness Cake, complete with Guinness beer bottle, from Wagada’s Cheryl Luzet.
You may also want to watch:
The judges were David Clarke, President of the St Albans Chamber of Commerce and Senior Partner at Clydesdale Bank, and Hannah Coone, Head Baker at Bakehouse, St Albans.
The event raised £436 for Herts Young Homeless and the Eastern Legal Support Trust.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
Katherine Rayden, director of Raydens, said: “This was another hugely enjoyable charitable event and the first donation to our charity of the year, Herts Young Homeless. We’re proud to support them and the Eastern Legal Support Trust. We’d like to thank our judges and all our bakers for making such a great contribution”.