St Albans lawyers get heated in the kitchen for Bake Off challenge
- Credit: Archant
The oven gloves came off when legal eagles and local businesses competed to show their culinary skills.
The Great Legal Bake Off, hosted by St Albans family law firm, Rayden Solicitors, was a light-hearted competition in which bakers from the business community demonstrated their cake-making abilities.
Cherry Choudhury from City Lawyers in St Albans took the prize for best-looking cake with seven red cupcake roses wrapped as a bouquet while
Alexander Taberner from Modality took home best-tasting cake with a light and flavoursome orange curd cake.
Janice Bissett from private catering company, The Chef’s Friend, judged entries in the two categories. Wooden spoons and vouchers donated by The Pudding Stop were awarded to the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Over £300 was raised for the Eastern Legal Trust and Rayden Solicitors’ Charity of the Year, the Harpenden Children’s Contact Centre.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder