St Albans lawyers get heated in the kitchen for Bake Off challenge
- Credit: Archant
The oven gloves came off when legal eagles and local businesses competed to show their culinary skills.
The Great Legal Bake Off, hosted by St Albans family law firm, Rayden Solicitors, was a light-hearted competition in which bakers from the business community demonstrated their cake-making abilities.
Cherry Choudhury from City Lawyers in St Albans took the prize for best-looking cake with seven red cupcake roses wrapped as a bouquet while
Alexander Taberner from Modality took home best-tasting cake with a light and flavoursome orange curd cake.
Janice Bissett from private catering company, The Chef’s Friend, judged entries in the two categories. Wooden spoons and vouchers donated by The Pudding Stop were awarded to the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Over £300 was raised for the Eastern Legal Trust and Rayden Solicitors’ Charity of the Year, the Harpenden Children’s Contact Centre.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery