St Albans lawyers get heated in the kitchen for Bake Off challenge
- Credit: Archant
The oven gloves came off when legal eagles and local businesses competed to show their culinary skills.
The Great Legal Bake Off, hosted by St Albans family law firm, Rayden Solicitors, was a light-hearted competition in which bakers from the business community demonstrated their cake-making abilities.
Cherry Choudhury from City Lawyers in St Albans took the prize for best-looking cake with seven red cupcake roses wrapped as a bouquet while
Alexander Taberner from Modality took home best-tasting cake with a light and flavoursome orange curd cake.
Janice Bissett from private catering company, The Chef’s Friend, judged entries in the two categories. Wooden spoons and vouchers donated by The Pudding Stop were awarded to the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Over £300 was raised for the Eastern Legal Trust and Rayden Solicitors’ Charity of the Year, the Harpenden Children’s Contact Centre.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire