St Albans’ Larks in the Parks 2017 another success
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people enjoyed a 60s summer party with retro crafts, cheesy music and sunshine at five parks in St Albans.
Larks in the Parks was held at St Albans’ Victoria Playing Field and Fleetville Community Centre, the London Colney Community Centre, Batford Springs in Harpenden, and Roestock Park in Colney Heath.
At different locations there were stalls, donkey rides, live music, face painting, welly wanging, ukulele playing, a tombola, rides, and food.
Portfolio holder for St Albans district council (SADC), Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “Larks in the Parks has been going for 15 years and always provides families and friends with a fun day out in local parks across the district.
“This year the event took on a 60s theme with everyone enjoying a great variety of entertainment, activities, and music.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is provided by SADC, supported by the St Albans Arts Team, part of 1Life.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold