St Albans’ Larks in the Parks 2017 another success
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people enjoyed a 60s summer party with retro crafts, cheesy music and sunshine at five parks in St Albans.
Larks in the Parks was held at St Albans’ Victoria Playing Field and Fleetville Community Centre, the London Colney Community Centre, Batford Springs in Harpenden, and Roestock Park in Colney Heath.
At different locations there were stalls, donkey rides, live music, face painting, welly wanging, ukulele playing, a tombola, rides, and food.
Portfolio holder for St Albans district council (SADC), Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “Larks in the Parks has been going for 15 years and always provides families and friends with a fun day out in local parks across the district.
“This year the event took on a 60s theme with everyone enjoying a great variety of entertainment, activities, and music.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is provided by SADC, supported by the St Albans Arts Team, part of 1Life.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park