St Albans’ Larks in the Parks 2017 another success
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people enjoyed a 60s summer party with retro crafts, cheesy music and sunshine at five parks in St Albans.
Larks in the Parks was held at St Albans’ Victoria Playing Field and Fleetville Community Centre, the London Colney Community Centre, Batford Springs in Harpenden, and Roestock Park in Colney Heath.
At different locations there were stalls, donkey rides, live music, face painting, welly wanging, ukulele playing, a tombola, rides, and food.
Portfolio holder for St Albans district council (SADC), Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “Larks in the Parks has been going for 15 years and always provides families and friends with a fun day out in local parks across the district.
“This year the event took on a 60s theme with everyone enjoying a great variety of entertainment, activities, and music.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is provided by SADC, supported by the St Albans Arts Team, part of 1Life.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease